Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just Breathe!



Today I gave an owner's lesson on a serger and through out the lesson I kept repeating, "you've got the breathe." Then we would laugh. And a few minutes later again, "don't forget to breathe." Now, whenever I teach an owner's class (one of my most favorite things to do at the Sew-A-Lot) I say that a lot, don't forget to breathe. Then the other night I started going to yoga class again and I noticed that I kept having to remind myself to breathe when I would get into a challenging position. My yoga friend would be so proud of this next statement. It's so important to breathe when you are doing something that challenges you. Sewing, quilting, yoga, working... Whenever you feel yourself getting frustrated, clear your mind and take a deep breath. Usually a good lung full of fresh oxygen will do you wonders.

So the next time you get frustrated with your sewing or quilting projects, step back and take a deep breath. Enjoy what you are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment