Monday, October 11, 2010

Festivals and Street Fairs

I spent the weekend doing one of my favorite fall activities, attending local festivals. I went to the Yellow Springs Street Fair and the Ohio Sauerkraut Festival. So much fun. I love to people watch, eat, see all the vendors have to offer, eat, visit with friends and, of course, eat. I was so over full of food and over stimulated from visiting with friends and family, that I need one more day off to re coop. :)

The vendors did not disappoint this year. There were a lot of booths full of peoples handy work, whether knitting cute little hats, pottery of all shapes and sizes, or cute little dresses (lots of them made of fabrics found at Sew-A-Lot), there was something for everyone. I got some new mittens for this winter, my step mom found a special type of pottery she'd been searching for and my sister got a crocheted hat for Lilly. She doesn't have much hair and will need it in the coming months.

Most of all the festivals and their vendors charged my creative juices. I'm ready to get into some sewing projects. Lots of ideas are running through my head. After Louis visits us this week at Sew-A-Lot, then I'll be able to start working on some new sewing projects.

I hope something inspired you this weekend and that you got to spend some quality time with your friends and family. I can't wait to see all of you at the Louis Carney workshop this week. If you're not already signed up, the Lexington store 859-264-7472 still has a few openings. Or if you can't make the workshop join us for the book signing and trunk show Wednesday October 13 6p-8p Lexington or Friday October 15 6p-8p Centerville 937-433-7474. You will surely be inspired by something Louis has to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment