Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snow Days

This day has flown by. Here in KY we got a little snow and a little ice making it a lot messy. So when I came to work today I knew that there would not be a lot of customers coming through my door (my thanks to the ones who did come out and visit me). So I told Nancy and Suzanne to stay home, get cozy and enjoy the beauty that the snow brings. So with that I knew I would have to do something to keep me occupied. Not to worry I'm a sewer and as any good sewer knows we've always got projects to finish. And that's exactly what I did.


First I worked on this bag. It's a new Amy Butler pattern, Reversible Sunday Sling. Now you need to know that this was not a pattern I picked out. My sister volunteered me to make this for someone which I was happy to do. But you know if you're not in the mood to work on something it's so much harder to get done. I've tried to work on this project three or four times with not much success. So today I decided this was it. It was getting done. And as usual, know that it's finished I really like it and wouldn't mind making another one.

When I'm at the store I listen to the Christmas music station and between songs they have people talked about their Christmas traditions. One guy said that every year they go out into the yard and throw out "reindeer" food. I thought that was the cutest tradition and with nieces ages 5, 3, & 6 months, I thought this would be a perfect year to start that tradition. So I made this little bag to put reindeer food in. I went into the 5D Embroidery software and used the Design Creator module to create an applique patch with my label on it. I then took that and stitched it out on my Creative 4.0. Finally, I made a pouch with a draw string. It was quick and easy and super cute. I'll leave it at the store till next Thursday if any one wants to come by and check it out.

I hope you all got tons of projects done today and enjoyed the beautiful snow!






No comments:

Post a Comment